Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Day

I spent my weekend loafing around. Well, not entirely. We spent some time mopping up all the water that the trailer took on from the Tropical Storm Ernesto. Then I decided to rearrange all the furniture on the porch. I mean we had to move it all anyway to mop up the water, so why not try a new layout? Ron's parents, the owners of the trailer, weren't there so this will be a nice little surprise for them when they go back down.

Other than that, we ate a lot. Having a grill is great. We watched TV and read. I finished two books: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold and Good Grief by Lolly Winston. While not difficult reads, not exactly warm and fuzzy either. In fact, the Lolly Winston (how does wind up with a name like Lolly anyway?) book is one that I started to read right after my honeymoon, right at the same time I started to totally freak out that my husband was going to die at the age of 42 and leave me a widow with 2 kids. I had only gotten about 3 pages into the book at that time when I dissolved into tears and Ron had to pry the book away from me. This time, however, I read it without incident. Oh sure, I teared up a bit, but I'm prone to doing that during the sad parts of any book.

It was just nice to cook and read and eat and sleep and not have a care in the world. The weather was gorgeous yesterday and we did not want to come home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter