Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Weighing In

I did it. After riding the bike, I stayed on the treadmill for 25 minutes this morning and ran (well, jogged) for 18 of those minutes. I've really been working on my breathing and it's worked. I still get a slight cramp while power walking for the first few minutes, but strangely, it disappears when I start jogging. But I do need to consciously and somewhat obnoxiously breathe in and out. It helps to envision sending breath to the area that's starting to cramp. Slowly but surely, I'm conquering the treadmill.

I went to the doctor yesterday and she confirmed what I already knew: that my weight has been steadily decreasing for the last two years. I'm officially 20 pounds lighter than what I was 2 years ago, back to the weight I was in college. I like hearing it from an official source though, like a medical scale instead of the crappy scale I have in my bathroom.

That's probably going to be the last time I see any tangible proof of progress. My body likes the number 135. Since I've started working out, I can vary a couple of pounds in either direction, but my body always seems to settle back to 135. I'd really like to get to 129. I know this is where I sound totally unhealthy but there would just be something cool about being under 130. Now, before you start jumping all over me, I'd still be in a good BMI range. I've learned that as a thin person, you need to justify your weight loss for some reason, because everyone jumps to the eating disorder conclusion.

For my height, I wouldn't be underweight until I hit about 120lbs and trust me, that's never going to happen and I don't ever want that to happen. But 6 pounds, losing that wouldn't be bad. Hard though, because I'd really have to diet. Which I'm not really inclined to do. Like I said, my body seems to like 135. This whole working out thing has really put me in tune with my body, another unexpected perk to being in shape. So I know my body is saying 135 is nice. But I still sort of wish for a couple of extra pounds to come off.

1 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Christy said...

I think you'd look skinny (not thin...skinny) at 129.

I think thin is good. I think skinny is not.

But of course, that's just me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter