Friday, July 01, 2005

Being Bipolar

I'm reasonably sure I'm not bipolar, but these days give me cause to doubt that belief. Perhaps I'm not taking enough vitamins.

Earlier this week, Ron and I, after MUCH debated, decided : we were getting married in New Jersey. We found a site we loved, wrangled through the Church's requirements and were finally decided. Since the middle of June, we tossed around the pros and cons to NJ vs. Philly. And there are pros and cons to both. Travel, incovenience, price, family all went into the decision-making process. I AGONIZED over this decision. Finally, Ron looked at me and asked, "All other things aside, which reception site do you like better?" I answered with NJ. He said, "Done, decision is made. Roll with it." In that moment, that's exactly what I needed. He understands my neurosis like that. Even though it's about a billion times more inconvenient for us, especially him and his family to have the wedding in NJ, he was up for it. I love this man. I happily mailed a check off to the NJ church and based planning on the NJ site.

Then the Philly site we like called and essentially matched the pricing of the NJ location. Oh and all these hotel points that would essentially give us a hotel room for our honeymoon for free. That combined with the convenience of having a wedding around the corner from where we live, the convenience for his family, etc. I'm now torn again. Should I have this thing in Philly?

The thing is, if I do, it's less likely that my family will feel like a part of it. I'm in no short supply of people telling me that this is all about me and Ron and we should do whatever we want. But weddings are about families too. And I'm worried about mine. So now I feel like I'm back to square one. Which means I should call my mother.

Oy.

2 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Star said...

You are right, it is all about you and Ron, but also about the important people in your life that share in your relationship (families included). I don't think there is any reason not to consider the Philly location, especially if it is more convienient and equidistant from your and Ron's families.

Maybe you should call your mom, but in the end go with your gut. Wherever you are going to be more comfortable will lend to you being more relaxed about the planning and on the actual day.

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you spell relief?

E.L.O.P.E. :)

If only it were that easy. I hope you come to a decision that makes both you and Ron happy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter