Monday, May 23, 2005

In a Trailer Down By the River

For those who don't know, Ron's family owns a trailer. In a trailer park. And all joking aside, it is on a river. It's a nice trailer park, as far as trailer parks go. None of the trailers have wheels, they're stationary. People don't live there year-round, it's a vacation spot. People are all nice, and as far as I can tell, seem to all possess full sets of teeth. The views of the river (which leads into the Chesapeake Bay) are spectacular. Ron and I are spending a few days down there the beginning of next month. It's actually very relaxing there. Very quiet. Not much to do, but sit on the porch playing cards, drinking beer from a can. I'm looking forward to it. As soon as we get back, I'm going to see a neurologist to see exactly when I had a lobotomy without knowing it, because I said that I'm looking FORWARD to being in a trailer park down by the river.

On Saturday, we went down to the trailer to help his dad lay plywood for the next, higher extension. I learned lots about chalklines and nail guns. And measuring, which has never been my strongpoint. I probably got in the way more than anything else, but I think his dad liked that I wasn't afraid to get dirty. His 65 year old lesbian cousin was there too, wearing her rainbow flag earrings, trying to convince Ron and I to move to Florida. Ron doesn't need any convincing. I'm the one digging my heels in. Not because of her, but because I think of Florida as a place to retire to--or to go to if you're a sex offender.

Later that day, his mom, cousin and I went to church not that far from the trailer. And as I sat there at church, near a trailer park, in between my boyfriend's mother and older cousin, with kite-like flags dangling from her ears, I thought to myself "Does it get any weirder than this?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter