Thursday, January 13, 2005

Interrupted

Last night I went to Whole Foods for the first time since what we politely refer to as 'the incident'. I hadn't intentionally stayed away, I just don't live in that area anymore. But last night, rotisserie chicken was on the menu for dinner and Whole Foods is the best place to go for that.

As I was leaving, bags in hand and headed towards the corner, it occurred to me that I was walking a dead woman path and I had the uncontrollable urge to look over my shoulder. A simple act that had she done it, might have saved her. If she she had known. But she couldn't have known.

In that moment, I was overwhelmed with a profound sense of sadness that stayed with me the rest of my walk home. As I neared my apartment, I thought about the fact that this was the closest I had ever come to a life interrupted. I hope never to come this close again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter