Thursday, January 20, 2005

Conversations

My workplace often affords me the opportunity to sit back and reflect on thoughts like "Wow, I never thought I'd hear myself say that" or "I never thought I'd see something like that" or "Holy cow, why am I crawling around in muck ruining a perfectly good pair of Ann Taylor pants?"

Yesterday was one of those times when I had a conversation with an Employee. A section of one of our buildings is currently closed while they remove hazardous materials. Contrary to popular belief I do not work for the federal government research team. Anyway, the following conversation ensues:

E: There's water running out from the front of the building creating a big puddle. Who do I get to put salt down before it freezes over?
Me: There's water coming out of the building?
E (looking worried): Yeah. I mean, at least that's what I think it is. Is it something else?
Me (quickly): Oh no, it's definitely water. The hazmat crew has to be hosed down before leaving the decontamination zone. It's just water runoff from that.

I feel like I'm on the set of Silkwood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter