Friday, May 11, 2007

Work Out

As I type this, I'm eating one of my favorite things on earth: Entenmann's Original Chocolate Chip Cookies. It's like a slice of heaven.

Here's the thing, people: I've gained about 20 pounds. I don't feel like I've gained 20 pounds and I'm not even sure I look like I've gained 20 pounds. But the scale, which I have not been hopping on as religiously as I once did, does not lie. So the recommended weight gain is 25-35 pounds and I was hoping to be closer to the 25 pound end of the range, but with 12 weeks left to go, it seems likely that I'll be closer to the higher end of the range. Bummer.

A few friends have asked at different points over the last few months whether I'm still going to the gym. They ask because they're curious, but some also are secretly hoping that I'm not, that I've succumbed to laying on the couch in scrubs eating ho-hos. And I do lay on the couch eating ho-hos but I wait until after I've gone to the gym to do that.

The truth is that I'm still at the gym regularly, but I have gotten a bit lazy. I've abandoned my two-a-day work outs. I had half-abandoned them before I was pregnant. I go to the gym 4-5 days a week instead of 6-7 days. I've also cut back so that I'm only doing about a half hour a day of cardio. Sometimes a little bit less if I'm lifting the same day. I find that I'm on the bike more often than any other machine. The bike. I have often criticized myself for working out on the bike because it's easier. But now, I think I'm cutting myself some slack because I'm just happy that I'm still working out. I do want to start using the eliptical more than I have been--it's better for me than the treadmill these days.

I'm also still taking my regular power yoga class, although obviously, I make modifications. Now that the belly is large and in charge, we'll see for how much longer that's possible with my changing center of gravity. What I have not been doing regularly, but what I really, really need to start doing regularly is Kegel exercises, because peeing in my pants is less than desirable.

And just to freak those of you who have not been pregnant yet, here's something else I should be doing.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Star said...

Hmm...what to say, what to say...

That article is written in a way that assumes that the women is pretty unfamiliar with their "area." Interesting.

Doesn't sound like a chore to me. More fun than even the eliptical machine actually!

=)

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger DJ Heavy D said...

I think there are a lot of women out there who aren't sure what their perineum is, so yeah, I think they dumb it down a bit.

I'm all about a woman taking matters into her own hands, so to speak, but this is an entirely different thing. Stretching until the area burns? Yeah, not my idea of a good time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter