Friday, June 09, 2006

The Most Random Post

This past week:
Ron and I celebrated that it's been one year since we've been engaged. Well, we didn't really celebrate as we were like "Oh yeah, right." This week was also the official kickoff to my drinking problem. Deidre and I went out Tuesday night and for some reason 7 margaritas and a bowl of chips seemed like a good idea. Until the next morning. After recovering from the hangover from hell, I had to go it all over again, only classier, at Ron's end-of-the year reception. I wore "the dress" and after the reception wound up partying at a dance club. To show you how totally out of the loop I am, I've passed by the bar/club on a regular basis and though it was a bakery. Anyway, I pooped out early figuring that I should probably plan on going to work on time the next morning. And I actually canceled plans to go out for drinks Thursday night, because frankly, my body just can't handle 3 nights in a row. Also, I realized or maybe re-realized that I'm in a cultural vaccuum as Christy pointed out, because I've never seen "Willy Wonka".

TMI:
If you'd like not to know about the inner workings of my menstrual cycle, skip this paragraph. Being off the pill sucks. My period came today, totally unexpected and only 26 days after the start of my last one. I know my body's still adjusting to not being "prompted" to have a period. But I used to feel so in tune with my body. It used to give me physical signals when my period was coming. I mean of course I knew what day it was coming because of the whole pill thing, but I could tell within an hour of its start. Now, nothing. Just one big surprise. On one hand I guess it's good that my boobs don't hurt for days beforehand or that I'm not cramping, but I kind of relied on those symptoms. Now I'm back to feeling like a teenager, worrying about what days I can wear light colored pants.

The weekend:
Going to Baltimore for the St. Anthony's Italian Festival. Yeah for good food and cheap beer! Yeah for spending the day outsiden in good weather (well, according to weather.com). Boo that my friends aren't able to come. The good news there is that one can't come because she has an interview and the other needs to work on her new house. Those are good reasons not to come. Boo for having my period for the festival (the festival involved porta-potties--do you feel my pain ladies?)

The problem:
My sister-in-law is hospitalized again, this time for "severe" preeclampsia. She's gained 10 pounds in the last week and it seems the baby has stopped growing in the last week. Bad that the baby stopped growing (apparently, they determined this via ultrasound) and bad that the baby's mother gained 10 pounds that is probably entirely water retention. Her blood pressure is skyrocketing and last night they couldn't get it down. The cardiologists has said that she has to make it to 34 weeks for the baby's surgery to go well, but the OB is now thinking 34 weeks is unrealistic. The estimates are that the baby is under 3 pounds and now it's likely that he or she will be born soon.

Tomorrow:
It's my birthday. Happy birthday to me!

2 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger Christy said...

This post is supremely random.

Kelly and Michelle agree that you MUST see Wonka. We need to have some movie viewing days. Kelly has never seen Gone With the Wind.

I'll keep R and the baby in my thoughts and prayers. That is very scary.

Have fun at the Italian Festival and happy birthday!

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your partying, porta-potties, and period. Well, maybe not the period, but you know what I mean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter