Friday, January 06, 2006

Bad

Last night, I enjoyed a drink after work with my friend, Christy. I had every intention of going home after that and working on rehearsal dinner details, but as it turns out, Ron has set up meetings for us with each of the banquet managers at the two locations we're considering. So it doesn't make much sense to decide anything until we talk to them. Gotta love having a fiance who takes care of stuff.

I've had an "off" morning. I didn't go to the gym (what else is new lately?) and then I accidently overslept a bit. I'm a woman of routine and being off my routine by 20 minutes in the morning irks me. And I'm tired--coffee isn't cutting it today.

But, as I was watching CNN this morning, I started bawling because of this. If you scroll through the photos attached to the article, there's a picture of the note, which is what they were showing on the news when I started my cry fest. Stuff like that, notes or evidence from people who were dying and who knew they were dying, that just rips my heart into a million little pieces. I'm always deeply affected by those scenerios--situations where people knew the end was in sight. That sounds strange, I guess. I'm not talking about people who are suffering from a long, terminal illness. I'm talking about relatively young healthy people who are minding their own business when one day death shows up and stares them in the face.

The image of that note is just burned in my head. "It wasn't bad." That was the part that really got me.

1 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Christy said...

I have been avoiding the miner news. When the miners were trapped in PA a few years ago, I stayed up all night watching CNN. I knew I couldn't do that to myself again.

It is so very sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter