Friday, April 08, 2005

Charming Me

I was teasing two of the contractors who are wiring our new office, in such a way that if you did not know I was teasing, you would think I was serious and it would seem mean. However, the wiring guys and I are all on good terms and pass the time by slinging teasing comments at each other. The guy who pulls our trash everyday overheard me making such comments to the wiring guys and thinking that my honor, or perhaps my very life, was in jeopordy, walks over to me and says, "These guys giving you a problem?" He said it in such a way that that I knew if I responded that they were indeed giving me a problem, he would beat the ever-living shit out of them. And it warmed my heart to see a man willing to stick up for a woman, even if am taller than that man and would probably have more success in beating thugs to a pulp than he. However since everyone was just teasing and there was no foul play involved, I assured him that his services were not needed. It warmed my heart just the same.

Chivalry is not dead, after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter