Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Martha, Martha, Martha

For years, I've had a deep-rooted dislike for Martha Stewart. She seemed like a know-it-all. And she seemed mean. She had this cult-like following that got on my nerves. I made a point of not buying her products and not watching her shows. Well, my mother was a big fan so I did get her a subscription to "Martha Stewart Living". And I do have one Martha blanket but only because it was the perfect color I needed and couldn't find anywhere else.

When the stock scandal broke, I loved it. I asked God for jail time for Martha. Although, I could recognize that of all the crimes in the world what she did wasn't really too bad. And I certainly realized that men weren't going to jail for industry crimes worse than Martha's. But who cares--off to Camp Cupcake you go! She was right up there with Hillary Clinton in the catergory of popular, rich women I can't stand.

Last week, when the media started becoming frenzied over Martha's impending release, I was aggravated. But then, on Friday, the pictures started coming in, of Martha in her high heeled boots and poncho. I found myself watching it all on TV instead of flipping the channel as I would normally do. I caught myself saying "Doesn't she look fabulous?" out loud. I was almost rooting for her. I realized, somewhat shockingly, that my heart had warmed to Martha.

I'm not sure why. I think it's because she went to jail. She took responsibility for what she did. She paid the price. She didn't blame anyone else. She did what most men wouldn't do. I respect that.

Go on, Martha!

2 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger Star said...

I can't believe you hate Hillary...oh D...sometimes I have to wonder about you lady!

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger DJ Heavy D said...

If that woman becomes president, I'm moving to Canada!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter