Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Sidelined

I haven't been working out hard enough. After slacking off most of December, I picked back up last month, but not with the same fervor I previously had. Partly because the gym is more crowded. Partly because I become sloth-like during the winter. So I've still been going about 4-5 times a week, but only for about 20-30 minutes each time. Not good enough.

Last Wednesday I did some new yoga at home. I'm not sure if that's why I woke up with a pulled back muscle on Thursday. It was annoying and somewhat painful, but I did a light work out on Friday anyway.

Boy, was that a mistake. By late Friday night, I had a hard time moving my head. When I woke up Saturday morning, I immediately knew that something was very wrong. Moving my head in any direction was tremendously painful, the kind of pain that radiated from my back all the way up through my neck and arms. Pulling myself up from a reclining position required an act of God and me rolling onto the floor. Nothing seemed to alleviate the pain. I couldn't raise my arms above my head, which made washing my hair and interesting adventure.

My friend Kimberly, who came to visit that day, spent alot of time laughing at me because, since I couldn't turn my head, I would have to make a full body turn to see anything to my left or right.

It still hurts a little, but it's 99.9% better. I took a couple of days off from the gym and made a half hearted return last night. I did the treadmill and elipitical for a bit. I lifted a bit too, but grand total, I was there for only about 30 minutes.

I need to push myself harder. I just need to find some inspiration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter