Monday, October 18, 2004

Warm and Fuzzy

So Friday night, I met up with Christy at Sophie's to pick out yarn for a scarf that Christy agreed to make me. I thought it would be fun to have my own custom-made scarf, but I don't knit so much. However, if you've met Christy you know that she's a rockin' good knitter with a ton of talent. She was very patient with me, answering all my questions while I wallowed in my indecisiveness. After driving her crazy for about an hour picking out yarn, I finally decided on some raspberry-colored "fat yarn" (or as knitters say, loosely spun yarn--I call it fat). It was very soft, but the real reason I picked it was that the color made me happy.

We went back to Christy and Michelle's place to decide what type of pattern to use. We debated on what the scarf should look like; Christy and Michelle spoke some sort of knit-speak that I didn't understand. After several tries, we decided on what I think is called a drop stitch. We ordered Chinese food, Christy knitted, we all chatted up a storm. The thing about hanging out with Michelle and Christy is that my chattiness kicks into high gear and hours wind up passing before I even realize it. Friday night was supposed to be laundry/vaccuuming night for me and I was overwhelmed by the excitment of that. Thankfully, Christy rescued me and I spent a lovely evening with her and Michelle.

The scarf, by the way, way halfway done by the time I left that night. Christy is a fast knitter, and also, scarves aren't all that challenging. I love scarves. Maybe I'll learn how to knit just so I can make myself lots of scarves. I'm already thinking about a tan or cream colored, sort of lacy one. One that sort of looks irish-knit. I already told Christy that I don't like cream colored anything in the winter because it doesn't really flatter by skintone, but maybe it could work.

In other news, I'm trying to convince a friend of mine to go on a short cruise in December. She has vacation time at the beginning of that month. December, however, with the holidays and all is generally not a good vacation time. Everyone's always strapped for cash.

Finally, today is Monday. I don't like Mondays.

1 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger Christy said...

Your scarf is ready. The picture is up on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter